首页 > 行业英语 > 正文
背景:
阅读英语

掩饰工作没有条理性的10个谎言

[日期:08-26] 来源:  作者: [字体: ]
  Disorganized people leave a wake of non-productivity in their path.
  工作没有条理性的员工在他们的职业生涯上给人们留下的是一种没有工作效率可言的印象。
  They impact not only themselves, but entire teams around them.
  他们影响的不仅是他们自己,还影响到了他们周围的整个团队。
  And yet, disorganized individuals love to deny their disorganization.
  另外,工作没有条理性的员工也不愿意承认他们在工作上的没有条理性。
  They will say almost anything to cover their lack of getting things done.
  他们会说很多借口来掩盖他们没有把事情做完的这一事实。
  “I’m Not Disorganized, Just Too Busy”
  “我不是没有条理性,只是因为太忙了而已。”
  We all know that disorganized individual who will pine to the end-of-the-earth that they are not responsible for their disarray.
  众所周知,做事没有条理性的人向所有人显示出他们并不会为自己的所制造的混乱负责。
  Even worse than their disorganization, are the tall tales they tell to justify their lack of productivity.
  更糟的是,他们会用很多的谎言来证明他们只是做事缺乏效率而已。
  They make excuses. State outlandish claims. And even lie to cover their tracks.
  他们找借口,用怪异的言论来陈诉事情,甚至用谎言来掩盖他们恶劣的行迹。
  Which of the following denials have you heard?
  你都听到过以下的那些否认自己做事没有条理性的言论呢?
  9 Lies that Disorganized People Like to Tell:
  没有条理性的员工喜欢用的9大谎言
  “I’m not disorganized, just too busy.”
  “我不是没有条理性,只是因为太忙了。”
  Like many things in life, if someone has to boast about how they are something, it means that they probably aren’t. (Bonus tip: This applies to those who brag about how honest they are, as well…)
  在生活中,这样的事例很多。如果某人在吹嘘某事怎样怎样,很可能什么都不是。(备注:这条也适用于那些吹嘘他们自己是如何诚实的人)
  “I just don’t have time.”
  “我只是没有时间。”
  Actually, they have the same amount of time as the rest of us. However, how they choose to spend it isn’t getting the job done.
  事实上,他和我们其他人有同样多的时间。但是通常他们会选择怎样去度过这段时间,而不是把工作做完。
  “I am overloaded.”
  “我做的太多了。”
  This is a bold statement from someone who can’t list all the things they are working on. This is usually a broad brush excuse for everything they are not getting done.
  这是一种他们不能列明他们正在做的事情,而又比较大胆地说法。这是一种他们有很多事都没做时常用的借口。
  “I know exactly which pile I put that paper in.”
  “我很清楚这些事,我都写进本子里了。”
  Disorganized individuals will often try to explain their messy desk as organized. When a desk is a mess, it’s a mess. Piles are not organization.
  没有条理的人经常会尽力的去解释他们的办公桌为什么会杂乱无章。桌子上乱成一堆,事情也一样。堆成一堆也是没有条理性的表现。
  “I was late because I was held up.”
  “被绑架了,所以迟到了。”
  Late is late. Blaming traffic or the train or whatever, only means that you didn’t leave early enough.
  迟到了就是迟到了。不管指责的是交通问题,地铁问题,还是其他什么的,都只能说明你没有早点出发。
  “Someone else is keeping me from doing my job.”
  “某人妨碍我做这个工作。”
  Everyone faces obstacles in getting their work done. Find a way around that wall, but don’t blame-shift.
  在做工作的时候人人都会碰到钉子。应该想尽办法去完成,而不是妄加指责。
  “I didn’t get your email.”
  “我没收到你邮件。”
  Of all the emails that were sent on the planet yesterday, apparently the email-man lost this one.
  昨天所有的邮件都寄到了,怎么就只掉了这一封邮件呢。
  “I’ll get that done by tomorrow.”
  “明天我会做好的。”
  Of course, by tomorrow they mean the day after next. And tomorrow is always tomorrow.
  当然了,到明天的意思就是今天的下一天。到了明天又总是会推到下一个明天。
  “I’ll get right back to you.”
  “我会马上给你打回去的。”
  Assurances of returned calls that never happen. Don’t wait for the phone to ring on this one.
  保证要打回来的电话,永远都不会打回来的。不要等这个电话。
  “I’ll send that right over.”
  “我马上就发送。”
  Ah, the often promised delivery. Yet, the email never comes. The package never arrives. And the person never ships what they promised.
  经常承诺发送给你。同样的,这封邮件也是永远都不会收到的。这个包裹也不会送到的。他们不会运送他们已经许诺过的。
  Lies or Disorganization?
  是谎言还是没有条理性?
  Are these disorganized individuals guilty of lying?
  这些做事没有条理性的人会因为撒了谎而内疚吗?
  Or are they so in denial about their disorganization that they truly believe their statements?
  用来拒绝承认自己做事没有条理性的言论,他们自己会真的相信吗?
  Either way, beware when you hear these tall tales and outright fibs.
  不管是哪一种,当你听到这类弥天大谎的时候都要小心一点。
  And if someone has to brag about how organized they are… run the other way.
  当听到某人正在吹嘘他们做事是多么有条理性的时候,绕道而行吧。
收藏 推荐 打印 | 录入:tangwenshan | 阅读:0 次
工作 
相关文章
推荐英语口语
英文歌曲
推荐英语学习