1, a, ensuring no child is left behind。
2, d, students performances declined。
3, d, they are mostly small in size。
4, d, some large schools have split up into smaller ones。
5, c, their college-level test participation。
6, b, their school performance was getting worse。
7, a, maintain closer relationships with their teachers. 8. The proportion of students taking college-level exams
9. a look at many different measures
10. tackle tough subjects under the guidance of gifted teachers
11. D. Discussing a house plan。
12. D. She is tired of the food in the canteen。
13. C. Listening to some loud music。
14. C. The man can dress casually for the occasion。
15. A. 100% cotton pants in dark blue。
16. C. Its location。
17. C. Travel overseas。
18. A. It is a fair bargain。
19. D Hosting an evening TV program
20. A He worked as a salesman
21. B He wanted to be his own boss
22. A They are all the man’s friends
23. B It remains a major of industrial activity
24. C Transport problem
25. D Measures to create job opportunities。
26. B. They had known each other since childhood。
27. B. At Joe’s houses。
28. A. Social divisions will break down if people get to know each other。
29. A. In his building’s parking lot。
30. A. It had been stolen by someone。
31. B. In the city garage。
32. D. The mysteriousness of creativity。
33. A. It is the source of all artistic work。
34. D. Creative imagination。
35. A. It is part of everyday life。
44. there have been hundreds of thefts and cases of deliberate damaging of public property
45. Things get stolen when it’s easy to steal them, because they are left lying around unwatched。
46. A better way to solve this problem might be for all of us to be more careful with our things。
47. K) domestic
48. M) communities
49. A) survive
50. H) gather
51. C) serves
52. B) surrounding
53. F) recession
54. E) reported
55. G) households
56. J) financially
57 C) bring about a drop in the divorce rate.
58 D) living separately would be too costly.
59 D) Falling housing prices.
60 D) It will irreparably damage their relationship.
61 A) The economic recovery will see a higher divorce rate.
62 C) It profits by selling its users’ personal data.
63 B) They don’t know their personal data enriches Facebook.
64 A) To render better service to its users.
65 C) Formulating regulations for social-networking sites.
66 C) He doesn’t want his personal data abused.
67. D) avoid
68. D) However
69. C) failing
70. C) stages
71. A) on
72. D) predicts
73. D) through
74. D) and
75. A) sensitive
76. B) experience
77. C) as well as
78. D) emotions
79. A) to
80. B) inevitable
81. C) receive
82. B) with
83. A) quality
84. B) positive
85. C) memories
86. D) increased
87. hadn’t been watered for a long time。
88. one thousand pounds cheaper than mine。
90. as well listen to the music。
91. the door open and the light on。
92. have been translated into many languages。